Monday, July 30, 2012

Willis

Right now I am missing Willis a lot. He was such a good guy. I remember when I first met him I thought he would be this guy who thought he was all big and bad, but he was super sweet. He even let me use his old fish tank so my fish didn't have to live in a tupperware container.

I was so shocked when I heard the news. I just kept crying and thinking "no not my Willis" I still cannot believe that he took his life. It was really eye opening being someone who struggles with suicide on a daily basis. I realized that people have emotions. Suicide hurts people around you.

I remember how my feelings went. First, I was so sad, I cried and cried all day. Then, I was angry I couldn't believe he would do this I was so mad that he would leave us all like this. After that, I was numb. I couldn't feel anything when I thought about it. Finally, I realized it actually happened. He actually killed himself. He was actually gone. That is where I am still. Struggling to accept the fact that he is gone.

I miss him a lot, but he is the reason I'm not going to kill myself. I saw how broken and hurting everyone was. I could never do that to anyone in my life.

Rest in Peace Willis, and know that I still care. <3

2 comments:

  1. i miss him so much every day. so many things appear to me on a daily basis that remind me of him, even when i'm talking about recent memories he comes up in them. he was supposed to be at warped tour with me last month so i thought of him all day...one of the bands we even went to see talked about suicide. i almost lost it. he honestly gave me the best 21st birthday ever because it was on a sunday night (super lame night to go to the bars) but i had a blast just hanging out with him. i STILL don't believe that he's gone. i just feel like i haven't seen him in a long time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss him too. I'm glad you have some good memories of him, though it would be impossible not to. :) He was an amazing person, and friend. It really does feel like its just been a while since seeing him. It doesn't feel like he is really gone :(

    ReplyDelete