Sunday, July 28, 2013

22 Things I Miss...

So, I should be sleeping, but I felt the need to write this. This is a list of things I miss:

1) My Dad's pancakes on the weekends. I hope my siblings enjoy them.

2) Laying in bed with my dad watching Pokemon.

3) Biking up to Spencer Park with my Dad and my brother.

4) Fishing and canoeing with my Dad and brother.

5) My Dad's "Train wreck." That stuff was amazing.

6) That raspberry dessert my Dad made for family get togethers.

7) The way my Dad cut up strawberries and let them soak in sugar. My favorite!

8) The way my Dad would tuck me into bed at night.

9) The way my Dad told me he was proud of me when I got good grades.

10) My Dad's bear hugs.

11) The way my Dad was the only person I could trust to tell things to.

12) When my Dad put those pictures of my drunk Mom as the screensaver on the computer in the basement.

13) The Emmons house.

14) The way my Dad would drive me to school early so I could get help in math.

15) The way my Dad left work to see me in the hospital when I told him not to.

16) My Dad's cheesecake...sooo yummy!!

17) The trampoline in the backyard at my Dad's house.

18) The "blueberry" pool in the backyard at my Dad's house.

19) Sushi...the dog my Dad bought for me.

20) Tigger...my Dad's cat.

21) Girly-girl the Husky we took in.

22) Cookouts in my Dad's backyard.

Sooo...obviously I miss my Dad. We had a lot of good times when I was growing up. We got along real well until he got remarried. I feel like she replaced me. He started liking her more. Spending more time with her, something I wasn't used to. I felt threatened by her. Needless to say me and her never really got along. Not that I'm trying to talk bad about her. I'm happy that he's happy, I just wish he could be happy with me in his life too. He had a choice all those years ago and he picked her, it hurt then and it hurts now. Every girl needs her Daddy and mine forced me to leave, then moved to a whole other state. I can't even count the nights that I wish he were here to hug me and tuck me into bed. Dad...if you're reading this...don't be mad because I feel this way...I'm just being honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment