Tuesday, January 28, 2014

One Month Without Her...

One month ago we lost a beautiful person. One month ago my Great Grandma died. She died of natural causes, she was just old and miserable. I had just talked to her a few days earlier and we talked about me coming to visit when I had time, and how miserable she was. Well... I never got to visit her. I got the devastating phone call while I was in the psychiatric hospital, and at that moment, my world crashed around me. My heart was shattered and I didn't know how to pick up the pieces. I kept telling myself it was okay because I had just talked to her but there isn't a day that goes by where I don't wish I had been able to see her one last time. There was no funeral, no memorial service. Those things are expensive  and she had out lived her friends. She was cremated and I hope to put some of her ashes into my special necklace made for just that so I can have her with me always. My heart is still shattered and my world has crashed around me. Too many deaths to deal with. My grandma was a wonderful woman who loved me with all her heart and I can only hope to be the kind of woman she was. I love you grandma...rest in peace...I will see you again one day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment