Monday, September 15, 2014

Prescription Drug Abuse

I have a confession...

I abuse my Klonopin.

For those of you who don't know Klonopin is a benzodiazepine (Benzo) that is commonly used for anxiety. I have moderate to severe social anxiety and ever since I got my job (where I deal with people my entire shift se of who are angry) I have been taking three times my prescribed dose of Klonopin.

It helps so much. It allows me to be social and outgoing at work.

I can't keep doing this.

It gives me temporary relief but what happens when three times my dose isn't enough anymore? How long until I'm taking it by the handful?

I can't live like this. I would rather have a few non benzos (non addictive) that work than a benzo that I abuse.

Last time I tried to go off my Klonopin I have severe withdrawals, as Klonopin is highly addictive.

I'm scared of how my body will react this time, but I need to go off of the Klonopin.

No comments:

Post a Comment