Monday, May 18, 2015

So I'm a Mormon...

Let's start from the beginning. I moved across country away from everything I have known. When I got to Idaho I was praying for a church. I prayed for months and then one day the Elders (Mormon missionaries) found me at a bus stop. We talked and they gave me a Book of Mormon and asked me to pray about it. My first thought when I told them where we lived was they're never going to stop bugging us as my roommate was with me that day.

I prayed about the book to find out if it really is another book full of the Word of God. While I was praying I met with the elders and they began to teach me more about the book. Soon, it got more and more difficult to meet with them as they are males and could not come in the house unless there was a male home. Then they sent the Sisters.

I began meeting with the sisters and I received revelation from God that the Book of Mormon was in fact His Word. I can't say I ever really doubted that it was, I mean if God can write one book why can't He write two, I just wanted to be sure.

Once I came to this revelation, the sisters asked me if I would be willing to be baptized. I said yes. Then, we began the lessons. Through these lessons I learned so much about Heavenly Father and the Commandments He wants us to follow. Then, we set a date. The original date of my baptism was to be May 23rd, 2015. We did more lessons and the sisters felt that I was committed enough to be baptized a week early May 16, 2015.

Then, we ran into a problem. I ended up in the psychiatric floor of the town hospital. Through my time there I read my scriptures daily and met with the sisters often. I was blessed enough to be released three days before my baptism.

We did my baptism interview and a few more meetings and before I knew it the day was here. I was terrified! I was freaking out over little things and my anxiety was pretty much controlling me. Then the sisters called and reminded me to pray. I did just that! I prayed and put on some Jesus music and was able to think clearly though my anxiety was still high.

We got to the place I was to be baptized and I put on a white jumpsuit that made me feel like a painter. We took pictures and then the service started. Soon it was time to be dunked! Brother Call did such a good job. I was terrified before hand, then when I was under the water all fears and anxiety went away, when I came up I was filled with such joy.

The next day at church I was confirmed a member of the church and was given the gift of the Holy Spirit. It was awesome!

I cannot begin to explain how much the sisters have blessed me. Recently I found out they are being reassigned. Even though I am heartbroken that they are leaving, I know they will bless more people the way they blessed me.

Much love to Sister Hill and Sister Towers!


Me the sisters and my roommates before my baptism


Me and Brother Call, the man who baptized me


Sister Hill, Anna, Me, and Sister Towers at the visitor's center




No comments:

Post a Comment