Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I Guess Sometimes You Really Cannot Escape From Hell

So, as most of you know, about a year ago I was addicted to my anti anxiety medication. Klonopin was my own personal hell. I abused it regularly and if I didn't get it I would start withdrawals. Finally, I got sick of my life revolving around this tiny little pill. I decided to tell my psychiatrist. We decided against treatment and he took me off of it cold turkey. Not long after I was taken off of the medication, I started the withdrawal process. Benzodiazepine withdrawals are so horrible. For months I felt like I was going to die. Then, I was okay again. 

Now here I am a year later and diagnosed with Panic Disorder. Turns out the medication that helps me with my Panic Attacks also happens to be the medication I was addicted to such a short time ago. My roommate and I are determined to not let me get addicted this time. She makes me take it when I have a Panic Attack. I say makes me because I try to refuse to take it. 


I tried to get myself out of hell, only for it to try and lure me back in.

Also before people start hating because the bottle says Clonazepam, Clonazepam is Klonopin. Look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment