Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Life As It Is

I am currently in a Residential Crisis Unit called Hendrie House. I am here because I decided I wanted to shoot myself, and because I am hearing voices. So, I am here where I am safe while they adjust my meds.

This morning we did a group on grief and loss. It brought up a lot of negative feelings and emotions for me. It made me really miss Willis a lot more than I normally do. Just thinking about him makes me cry nowadays.

I have been a lot more emotional lately ever since I started hearing the voices. I cry at almost anything. I really hope theses new meds will help me with that. The doctor changed my Wellbutrin to Celexa and my Abilify to Risperdol. Celexa is an antidepressant, and Risperdol is an anti psychotic. I really hope the Risperdol helps with the voices, and the Celexa helps with my over emtionalness.

Hendrie House is really great. Everyone is so nice and we do a lot of helpful groups here. I am really glad I got to come here, but it wasn't easy getting here. When I was at Common Ground talking to the doctor he told me he didn't want to hospitalize me and he asked me what I would do if he sent me home. I told him that if he sent me home I would kill myself, and he laughed at me. It was very upsetting. So then I fought to come here since he didnt want me in a hospital. Finally, he sent me here and I was able to be in a safe place.

Thanks for reading.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment