Monday, August 12, 2013

Back in Recovery

So, as of last Friday I am back in recovery. I'm back at Hendrie House. It's a really good place to be. The staff are so kind and supportive. I was welcomed back with hugs, something I need on a regular basis. The groups here are helpful for the most part, though some of them are substance abuse groups which are hard to relate to. Another good thing is the seemingly unlimited amounts of Jolly Ranchers. On a serious note as much as I am thankful to be here instead of in a hospital, I wish I didn't need to be here. They switched up my meds...took me off of my Wellbutrin because one of the side effects is anxiety and I have been having really bad anxiety. The doctor also put me on an anti anxiety medication that I have no idea how to spell. Its helped so far. I haven't been rocking back and forth and I haven't been having racing thoughts. So far so good. Hopefully when I get out of here I won't need to come back, but if I do I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment